Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Project Blue : Devil - EBC Ultimax 2 Rear Pads for MINI Countryman S


I just got my MINI rear pads replaced with new set of EBC Brakes Ultimax 2 imported directly from U.K.  I am a big fans of EBC brake pads ever since I got my hands on the front pads for the MINI.  I highly recommended this brand to you guys.  There are several types of grade to choose.  From standard grade, like the one I am using for both front or rear, or to performance or all the way to track grade. Best of all it is made in U.K!

The EBC brake pads cost about BND$60(shipping and local tax included).  MINI genuine part will probably set you around BND$180 to $200+. The brake sensor cost me around BND$20 and both items are from the same seller.  The brake sensor is from another UK brand called MINTEX. The brake sensor from MINI genuine part one will set you about BND$70~80.

  The labor cost to change the pads and sensor cost me another BND$20.  All up I got it for just BND $100.00!  I never check how much BMW agent will charge but it won't be cheap as they are charge by hour!  Judging from the front pads that I inquired before I think is best to do this outside BMW agent. 

It doesn't bother me whether I am using genuine parts or not as long as it does its job! Like I said before please buy smart!


1 comment: