Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Project Blue : Devil - EBC Ultimax 2 Front Brake Pads for MINI Countryman S


Last week a system alert pop out on my MINI Countryman telling me the front brake pads need replacement.  I took my car to QAF MINI to have them replaced but ended up bringing my car back home because they want to charge me $400 bucks for a set of brake pad!  And that is not inclusive brake sensor and labor.  I was told it will be over $500 to $600 range.  I was quite shock OEM brake pads actually cost this much!  

So I went online and found this!  EBC Brakes, a very popular alternative pads to OEM. This set is from their Ultimax 2 range which has similar compound identical to OEM.  They have a few more sports range pads but I didn't bother with it as I would like to try how good this are first.   The best part is it is made in U.K!

All in all, I got everything done for less then $250 bucks and had a saving of at least $300.  Talk about expensive mark-up from MINI agent!  It is always wise to source around for alternatives before smacking down your hard earn cash for super marked-up parts.  I had been using these pads for more then 1 week, they felt and performed just like the normal OEM pads that I had before.  I highly recommend this brand for people who are looking for cheaper alternative.


Yes I know the box said its for BMW MINI JCW but apparently the set fit my car perfect!  Thanks to the seller who recommended the set!





No comments:

Post a Comment