Friday, October 3, 2014

Our new KIA Forte Koup!


NOTE : THIS IS NOT MY CAR!!! 

I don't usually post picture of my family ride's but I feel the need for this particular new purchases.  You are looking at the 2014 KIA Forte Koup, our family first KDM!  This is my youngest sibling first car.  Lots of different models were taken into consideration but the winning decision went to KIA.  How did we came up with this conclusion?  Please read on as I am going to point out the reasons below.

Just a brief through about this car, the color chosen here is Snow White Pearl which looks awesome under the sun!  The car cost about BND$27000++ O.T.R!  It has a 2000cc, 4 cyclinders engine with 6 speed paddle automatics and 17" alloys wheels.  Standard equipment includes DRL,  HID headlamp, LED tail lights, alloys wheels and sunroof(!).  Interior equipment includes Bluetooth, reverse camera, bucket-type front seats and a 4.3" touchscreen LCD screen for the infortainment.  At this price and these specifications not even the Japanese counterpart can compete. 

The car specification is not the exact main point I want to focus on.  The main point here I want to share is the services and customer interaction provided by Grand Motors Sdn Bhd.  When we confirmed wanting to the buy KIA Koup, I immediately look for my relative who had purchased a few KIA before from this particular salesperson.  I managed to get hold of his contact and called him up and immediately the following day he visited me privately at my shop.  He provided me a brochure and run through what specifications and colors is available.  The color and gearbox were chosen and  then I was told the car will be ready with all the paper work and procedures in 4 days.  I was skeptical about delivering car in 4 days.  Nevertheless,  we received the car on the 6th day after confirmation and payment.  Damn! I was so surprised it took them less then 1 week to get the car register and have it on the road!  

Why am I surprise you say?  Well, JEEP took over one month to be registered(1 month 2 weeks to be exact!),   my Dodge about 3 weeks, my MINI about 2 weeks and my previous Peugeot took the agent almost a month to be deliver to me.  Talk about comparing fast and slow services!  I don't know why it took these dealers so damn long to register a car when KIA can do it in 6 days!

Next point,  before collecting the car on the delivery day.  We were greeted at the showroom because the sale rep would like to go through the final paper work and a demonstration of a few features to my sibling.  After that we were greeted by another lady, who runs through all the warranty and what-not to my sister. I am really impress with this kind of thorough services.  I don't recall Mercedes Benz, BMW or Porsche providing this kind of services when we bought our cars! 

And the best part of buying KIA is the peace of mind of 5 years factory warranty!  The only company in Brunei that gives out more then 4 years warranty is FORD.  The remaining players in Brunei only provide 2-3years warranty.  Yes, I ain't kidding.  BMW, MINI and Porsche only provided 2 years warranty!   

I finally understand why KIA has risen from nothing to something around the world.  They truly had step-up big time to compete with the Japanese and maybe the German with their K900 which we do not get in Brunei.


2 comments:

  1. We traded on our little Jeep Compass for the Kia and it was the best decision I ever made. The car is amazing on gas, it is super quiet, has just enough power to get me moving on the freeway, and it really looks cool too. I love the way it hugs the road and the interior is really high-tech too.

    Douglass @ Viva Kia

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are in the market for a new car and have not already worked with a car salesman, I have some advice that will save you time and headaches. If you can not get a referral, call that dealership and ask who is the salesman with the highest numbers. These are people who work fast and want to move you along quickly, just what you need.

    Paige Hollingsworth @ Baldwin Motors Lincoln

    ReplyDelete