Monday, December 9, 2013

Frustration with JEEP Quality Control!


Hi readers,  just want to vent some frustrations out of my head.  My Jeep SRT has been with me for more than 2 month and we had racked up about 4300km so far.  I am very happy with my Jeep SRT especially the roaring V8 HEMI.   But as you know not everything is perfect in life and a car having minor issue is one of those  moment that you have to live with it.

The first day when I took possession of my car, there was already an issue coming from the front headlamps.  Apparently there was some mist inside both headlamps.  Can you believe I picked my JEEP from the showroom and drove straight to the workshop to have the car checked by the JEEP service adviser.  Talk about an exciting day to collect my new ride.  The service adviser told this is very common for all the new Chrysler and Jeep that is fitted with the new DRL.  A report had been filed and hopefully Jeep will response and had it replaced under warranty.

Secondly is the air-con function from the UConnect system. I have problem turning it on twice!  It was only a small glitch where by restarting the engine solved the problems.  Still, it is an annoying experience.

Thirdly, the GPS from the UConnect system is missing our Brunei Map!  I had checked other countries such as Singapore, Malaysia and even Australia! There are all in the UConnect system!

Lastly,  our DRL system is totally different from the brochure!  Check the above pic and the pic below.  The pic below is the American domestic model, as you can see all lights including the Bi-Xenon, spotlights, DRL and LED are activated when switched on.  Mine is consider an Export model and has a different system compare to the American domestic model. When activating the lights during night time, the system will de-activated the DRL! Only the LED, spotlights and Bi-Xenon will be activated!  Once you switch off the lights, the DRL will be activated!  Not a big deal to me but felt cheated by the brochure....LOL


5 comments:

  1. Hi Eric, just wondering is there any other issues with the UConnect? Are the bluetooths' working fine with your phone? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, bluetooth is working fine with my phone.. Is yours not working ?

      Delete
  2. Just checking bro, getting my ride soon hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Don't tell me I think I know who you are.....LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Eric, Nice ride I suppose to sell of my 5.7L to get the SRT I even look at your car before it was taken from PDI but after dealing with the after sales I won't be getting another Jeep ps mine is still in the workshop for more then a month waiting for parts to arrive.

    ReplyDelete