Sunday, May 12, 2013

Services due for my two rides


 

Well well well, two messages just pop up from two of my rides when I started them last few days.  There are messages for overdue general services.  Firstly,  is the Porsche Boxster S which is due for services in 2 days follow by MINI Countryman S which is already 800km overdue for services!  

My Boxster is hardly driven and the last services was done in April last year. And I think I put down around 5000-6000km for that period.  This is what I like about modern day's car,  they are so advance to the point where the ECU will calculate when to bring in your car for services.  Compared to a few decades ago where the general rules of thumb is to get your car serviced every "5000km" or at least every 6 months.  This rule is still being practiced by many owners and workshops.   Nevertheless,  it is good to know there is techology that will guide you when to pit in for the next services.  


As for MINI, this is the car first service!  The car just clocked over 12000km in just over 9 months from new.  I remembered when I received my Nissan Skyline, the first services was at 1000km.  Then second services at 5000km, talk about advancement in today's car!

No comments:

Post a Comment