Monday, May 27, 2013

The Day I Sat In A.....Mercedes Benz A250


Good morning readers!  Last week I was fortunate enough to ride shotgun with my buddy who was testing this beautiful Mercedes-Benz A-CLASS A250.  This here you looking at is the high spec version.  It has the full AMG package including the body aero you looking at right now.   It has a 2.0L, 4 pot engine that packed with 210hp with 350Nm.  0-100km/hr will send your hair flying in just 6.6secs. This white one here also come with an optional sunroof.


Below is the infamous new "Diamond grille" I talked about in my previous posts.  That piece you looking at cost BND$1800 as I was told.  I am really digging on the grille.  It has to be the coolest grille ever to be fitted onto a car


The interior is the usual story.  High quality German built as expected from Mercedes-Benz.  It has a LCD for the infotainment plus those cool SLS air-con vents.  Carbon-fiber looks material can also be seen splatted across the dashboard.


Very comfortable full leather sports bucket contoured seats with red seat belts


Standard 18" wheels with red painted brake caliper, standard on A250.


When we tested the car we had 3 occupants sitting inside, so the acceleration some how felt slow to me.  Apart from that,  handling and ride were really firm and smooth.   Gear shifting was slow given it is a 7speed Dual clutches or what Mercedes-Benz called 7S-DCT.   In my opinion, for BND$66,000 it has to be the best sport hatch you can currently buy in Brunei.  Hey this car is even cheaper than my MINI!!!

2 comments: