Saturday, December 1, 2012

Porsche Boxster S Flat Battery!


Is the time of the year when you put in your car key and the car just won't start.  My Porsche did just that to me last weekend.  The battery has never been changed ever since I collected the car new.  The stock battery lasted almost 3 years.

I was searching for car batteries and my good buddy introduced to me this brand called DEKA from U.S.A.  The price is $230++, and it is bigger in size and also specification compared to the stock Porsche battery.
 

Porsche Boxster battery is located in the front hood compartment


I had never came across a tubing coming out from the battery.  A quick phone call to my friend to clarify, what that tube does it to channel all the acid fume away from the compartment

Size Comparison of the new and old batteries

It took me 10minutes to change the battery.  No big drama.

When the car finally started I was greeted with all sorts of warning messages.  A quick phone call to Porsche Workshop told me to bring in the car for a quick reset on the car setting.  This is a standard procedure for all new battery installed in all Porsche cars.



The car kick-start faster then the previous battery!

1 comment:

  1. did your dealer said it's ok to replace the battery with a non value battery?

    ReplyDelete