Monday, June 11, 2012

Accident in my Peugeot 5008....Pt.1

30-05-12, WEDNESDAY

9:45PM - I was driving at Jalan Rimba (near i-Lotus restaurant area) to pick up my wife and son from BBQ at a colleague house.  I was driving at cruising speed.  There were lots of traffics due to public holiday the next following day....

- The road is a small one way per lane road

- I saw from afar a black sedan signalling to turn into a Simpang from the opposite lane.  The car was stationary awaiting for passing traffic.

- Suddenly, the black car zoom out to my lane and hit me head on.  My first reaction was "SHIT!!!!", both my hands were immediately on the steering wheels and within that split second, "BAMM!!!!", the only thing I can remember was the force of the accident causing my car to fly up a few meters, the explosion of the airbags and things flying off from my dashboard.

- When the impact stopped, I knew this is a major big accident.  My head hurt due to whiplash,  my chest also hurt due to the tightening of seat belt,  I can smell chemical from the explosion of the airbags and I did recall seeing fire inside my car which was due to chemical reaction to deploy the airbag.

- I jump out of my car immediately worrying that my car might explode anytime.  When I was outside my car, I can taste blood in my mouth.  I also heard a lady crying from the other black car.  At the time, I was disoriented with a very painful chest.  I noticed my car was rolling backward, without second thought I jump back into the car and press the e-brake.  Surprisingly I found my glasses and my phone.

-  I got off the car again and the lady is still crying near the driver door of the black car.  Judging from the way the lady cried and screamed, I thought the driver of the car was not responding or probably dead.  I screamed and said "How is the driver?".  And the lady said "I am the driver".  Still crying loudly, I asked her if she was OK and said to her "How you drive??????"  At this point I looked at my car from front view and saw the extend of the damage on my car.  I just shook my head and said to myself  "This poor car is a goner...."

9.47PM -  Someone who were near the simpang approached me and said "Hey, you are ERIC right?".  At this point I was like who the hell are you?  I have no idea who he was but he saw the whole accident and he told me there was a third car involved in the accident!  I have a quick look around and found a white Toyota Kijang parked not too far away from my car.  

- I immediately called my wife.

- I have a look at the scene and this is what had happened,
  1. Black Mazda Astina awaiting at the junction to turn into the Simpang
  2. Toyota Kijang did not notice a stationed Black Mazda Astina
  3. Toyota Kijang was traveling at full speed (maybe at 60-70km/hr) rammed the rear of Black Mazda Astina
  4. The impacted by Kijang was so great that the Black Mazda Astina flew toward to my lane
  5. Peugeot 5008 head-on collision with Black Mazda Astina at speed of 60-70km/hr
So there you go, an unfortunate event that caused by a stupid idiotic driver who I was told was on way back from Temburong.  The families of the owner of Black Mazda questioned the Toyota Kijang driver and I was told maybe alcohol was involved.  Worst of all, the Toyota Kijang is over well over 60s or older and he is a Muslim(no offense to my Muslim friend) who is not suppose to be drinking!!!!!

09:59PM - Called the Police about the incident

10:15PM - My wife arrived with a few of her JPMC colleague. 

10:20PM - Police arrived to assist the scene.  Not sure whether they test the Toyota Kijang driver for driving under the influence of alcohol.

10.30PM - I left the scene with my driver and the Peugeot 5008 was towed to a workshop
 
The Black Mazda is a total write-off.  Front section totally smashed by my car and rear section totally squashed by the Toyota Kijang!

The stupid f!@king idiot Kijang

My poor Peugeot, totally toasted!!!!

Deployed of both front airbags

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment