Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What the !@#$%....Key Synchronisation ???



Today I had a minor shock of my life!  What happened?  Well,  the Porsche key above wasn't working! I tried to unlock the car remotely and it wasn't responding.  I tried to open both boots remotely and they weren't working either.  So the first thing came to my mine was the Key probably ran out of battery juice.  I was too lazy to go back up to my room as I was in a hurry to work so was too lazy to go back up my room to swap another key.

So I manually opened the door and went straight to work.  When I reached my shop, I also took out the Owners Manual and had a good read before I made any judgment of what is wrong with the key.


So what happened? To my surprises,  nothing is wrong with both my keys and car.  After reading one section of the Owners Manual, it stated if the vehicle is not started or unblocked with the remote control within seven days, the remote control standby function will be switched off to save the vehicle battery!  Cool function!  I also didn't realize this car has not been pamper for 1 week....LOL
So to get the remote control function to switch on I simply insert the key to the ignition key(above) and hold the lock/unlock button for 5 seconds(below pic).  And BAM!  The remote function is working again..haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment