Sunday, October 30, 2011

Porsche Optional Equipment - BOSE Sound system


Hi everyone,  today would like to post something about my Boxster S.  It's been a while since I last posted something about it.  Hehe.  Today post will be the Porsche Optional Equipment BOSE sound system that I opted.
Standard Porsche Boxster S come equipped with CDR-30 Audio system(picture above) and 4 speakers sound system.  I can opted for a better one with a larger, touch screen called PCM(Porsche Communication Management), but it cost a hefty additional BND$6600!!! Well as you can see from the above pic I didn't go for it.  Instead, I upgraded the existing standard 4 speakers to a higher quality types as Porsche Optional Equipment allows that.

There are two Sound system packages for CDR-30

Sound Package Plus (BND$1330.00)
  • 7 Loud Speakers
  • 185 Watts
  • CD Storage Box
BOSE Surround Sound System Package (BND$3090.00)
  • 11 Loud Speakers
2 x 2.5cm Neodym High Range speakers (Dashboard)
1 x Center Mid-Range Speaker (Dashboard)
2 x 8.0cm Neodym Mid Range speakers (Door Panel)
2 x 20.0cm ND Low Range Speakers (Door Panel)
2 x 13cm Active Sub-woofers (Rear Panel)
2 x 6.5cm Mid/High Range Speakers (Rear Panel)

  • 385 Watts
  • 5.1 Surround Sound
  • SurroundStage signal processing specifically design by BOSE for Boxster
  • Microphone for AUDIOPILOT on steering coloumn
  • CD Storage Box

As you can see from the pics below,  I opted for the BOSE Surround Sound System package.  I am a music lover so a great high quality speakers is a must!  Check it out below!

BOSE badge

Driver Door
8.0cm Neodym Mid Range speakers (Door Panel)
20.0cm ND Low Range Speakers (Door Panel)

Passenger Door
8.0cm Neodym Mid Range speakers (Door Panel)
20.0cm ND Low Range Speakers (Door Panel)

Left Neodym High Range speakers (Dashboard)

 Center Mid-Range Speaker (Dashboard)

2 x 13cm Active Sub-woofers (Rear Panel)
2 x 6.5cm Mid/High Range Speakers (Rear Panel)

 I had never heard of Porsche standard 4 speakers system, neither the Sound Package Plus.  So I cannot say how good this BOSE is compared to the other two.  In my opinion, the BOSE packages is more toward audiophile then bass boomer.  Speakers is really loud when turned up.  Clarity is excellent to my standard.  Would wish the bass could be deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment