Sunday, September 4, 2011

PROJECT : M - OEM Rear Spoiler


With the commencement of PROJECT : M, Materia parts also start arriving at my door step. First up is the REAR SPOILER that I ordered from Japan through a website. It is an GENUINE DAIHATSU PARTS.

The best deal I got for this item is not only it is BRAND NEW but also the spoiler is already factory painted exactly identical to my Materia body color! (Bluish White Pearl-W21)

The spoiler cost about BND$434.00 after rate conversion. I found a Daihatsu Dealer in Singapore that sell the similar spoiler but they were asking for BND$380.00, not yet including of shipping and painting. Paint alone ain't cheap as it is Pearl paint. To paint the spoiler alone I guess would had cost me BND$100~$150. So it was obvious not a go.

COST OF OEM SPOILER
  • DAIHATSU OEM SPOILER - BND$334.00
  • SHIPPING - BND$82.00
  • CUSTOM DUTY - $18.00
GRAND TOTAL = $434.00

I really love to deal with Japanese people, they will go great length to make sure your item is well protect during transit!


First thing I saw when I opened the package was the Installation Manual


Nice and glossy! I like it!


Original screws and double tapes are also included for installation purposes


Can you see a few papers inside the Instruction manual? Those are Installation Point Guide for the installer to mark where the drilling are needed on the roof panel. It provide the accuracy so that you don't drill the hole in the wrong spot! Neat!


Will probably had it installed together with my I.C.E by AUTOSMART again.

My most preferable shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment