Monday, September 19, 2011

PROJECT : M - MTX Road Thudner RTS652 & RTC653


Hello Readers!  I bought 2 sets of speakers for the PROJECT:M. The plan is to replace all OEM speakers with after market speakers! I grabbed this from AUTOSMART(again),  both sets were on offer at BND$149.90.  Quite reasonable given MTX is a popular brand from U.S.  I am sure those bass boomers out there sure heard of MTX,  they are a very popular American I.C.E brand.  I used to have 2 MTX Subwoofer on my very first car back in Oz.  Those were the days.....

FRONT SPEAKERS
MTX AUDIO
ROAD THUNDER RTS-652
 
Opening the contents
A pair of Tweeters
Speaker Grille
The 6.5" MTX speaker
MTX Crossover
 
With the MTX Grille fitted on the speaker

REAR SPEAKERS
MTX AUDIO
ROAD THUNDER RTC-653

This is the MTX ROAD THUNDER RTC-653 Series.  The differences compared to RTS652 is that the Tweeter in this Series is attached on the speaker.  

Just as I suspected,  these Series of MTX ROAD THUNDER is MADE IN RPC(Republic People of China).  Nowadays, many companies are out sourcing to CHINA for their cheap costs and labours.  Anyway, once the PROJECT:M system is done,  I will review on the quality of these speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment