Friday, September 30, 2011

The Day I Test Drove a Porsche Boxster 987 Gen.I


Hellow! I had been posting lots of PROJECT:M lately and I think is time to give it a break before I announce my next plan.  I also have yet to review the newly completed I.C.E in Project:M.  

Today I would like to talk about Porsche, yes, Porsche Boxster 987 Gen.I to be precise.

My friend recently just borrowed this 2007 Porsche Boxster 987 Gen.I you see here.  His boss was kind enough to loan him a Porsche for a few days because his car was in the workshop(What a boss!). This is a non-S Boxster, which means it is equipped with a 2.7litre Boxer engine(241hp).  It is also equipped with Porsche 5-Speed TipTronic automatic gearbox

I took it out for a spin at around Kiulap area to check the differences between GEN.I and my GEN.II model. 

After the test droving it,  I  only got one sentence to say,  "Thank God I chose the "S" model BOXSTER! LOL"

Nothing much to complaint about except it has a slower engine compare to my S model.   With the optional TipTronic the engine struggle to rev at low RPM.  But I do like the engine noise coming into the cabin.  In fact it is louder then my 3.4l engine!  Handling wise it is basically the same as a S model.  And also I think GEN.II looks way nicer than GEN.I :P

No comments:

Post a Comment