Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Problem with Boxster S due to my carelessness!!!! Pt.2



Click Here for Pt.1

Finally, I got back my Boxster S from QAF PORSCHE last Thursday. With the problems that had affected the car, most of it had been rectified. The only problem left now is the convertible roof(remember it auto open when it is still latched) where two push-rods are damaged. Again, I have to wait for the push-rods from Germany. As for the two control units that will set me back BND$3000.00, well thank goodness it is covered by the PORSCHE warranty. Phew~~



Upon getting my car, I make a quick inspection to make sure my car is OK before they handed me the key(everyone should do this to prevent any damage done by any workshop before hand). Upon opening the rear boot, I found my BOSE Active subwoofer hidden in the trunk!! I was surprised it was taken out and not put it back in place. Then the PORSCHE mechanic explained to me to better had it removed first until the roof push-rods arrive. So they do not have to remove the subwoofer twice and to also prevent damages or scratches on it.



Remember in my previous post about "The Other Half Brother of Boxster S", this subwoofer was supposed to be sitting just behind the rear sit on top of the engine cover(red arrow shown below). Now my car look like a normal BOXSTER from rear view.... LOL


Now, a quick tour around of the BOSE Active subwoofer. This subwoofer is actually part of the BOSE Surround Sound System that I optioned when I ordered the car. It is a full 5.1 surround sound system and cost me about $3500++

I actually had never seen the subwoofer myself as it was already pre-installed when I took delivery of the car. Now looking and holding it, it is quite compact and light.


Made In Germany - BOSE


Air-Vent for that needed BASS!


6.5cm Mid/High range BOSE Speaker X 2


13cm Low range BOSE Speaker X 2


Now I am a bit at ease as the car has finally returned back to me. Although there are still parts need to be replace, at least on the safe side the car is drivable and the water had not done too much serious damages. Hopefully....

No comments:

Post a Comment