Monday, August 2, 2010

Project : W210 [ Day 46 : Parts Arrival - Window Regulator ]

Day 5 : The Ride
Day 8 : The Big Problem
Day 14 : The Big Plan
Day 15 : Parts Arrival - Key Blade
Day 16 : The Small Problem
Day 34 : Parts Arrival - O.E Hood Emblem
Day 37 : Problem Fixed - Windscreen Panels
Day 39 : Parts Arrival - Sport Pedals
Day 46 : Parts Arrival - Window Regulator


Day 46:-
More parts keep pouring in from my recent Online purchases. This is the window regulator for my faulty left rear window that I just received last week.


Faulty Window regulator is a common problem in most W210. I am sure owners of W210 will or already encountered this problem. That is why there are companies out there that produce cheaper patent parts for consumer like me.

The seller told me this is a patent parts "Made In Germany" but not by Mercedes-Benz. Cost me BND$89.00 including shipping from USA. I did ask for a quotation for the original parts from local Mercedes-Benz(JATI), guess how much they quoted me? $390.00!!! and that is not yet including another $150++ of labour charges!!!!

Quality look promising



I have the window regulator installed at a workshop in Gadong who is a friend of mine for quite sometime. He goes by the name Ah Fong, a renowned car mechanic in our local car scene. The labour charges cost me $65.00 which I also had the rear third brake light reconnected and bulb replaced as well.

This window used to be locked and finally it breathe new air!


Yeah! The left rear window now work like a charm! Up and down with ease. This is the second job for done for PROJECT:W210 after the recent windscreen panels replacement....

No comments:

Post a Comment