Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My experience buying a Porsche....Part 3



Continuation from Part 1
Continuation from Part 2


So here we are with 3 brochures on our hand. It took us about 2 long weeks of brainstorming comparing all three cars features and equipments.

The first victim was the Porsche Cayman S, it was immediately removed from our list because having another hardtop coupe is not necessary at the moment as we already have the ER34. Another reason is because of the price, yes we can afford the base car but I told my wife I want to play around with the option lists. So if we added the car base price and the optional equipments budget, the price would go as high as GT-R35 territory so Porsche Cayman S is a no go.

Our final decision for now will be the Audi TT or Porsche Boxster S. At this point of time, I am leaning more towards the Audi TT, yes it is another coupe (just like the Cayman S) but it's turbocharged, comes with dual clutch transmission and best of all it is a QUATTRO version. One and only in Brunei(unique). Price wise it is very tempting as the price is almost 50k cheaper then a base Boxster S and already equipped with equipments where you do not need to pay. We went to T.C.Y Motor (Audi Distrbutor of Brunei) and negotiated the price of the car with one of the saleslady. Her name is Candie and I highly recommended her as she was very helpful and very friendly.

I almost put down a deposit and had the red Audi TT booked! Then we came to one important point which we asked ourself, if we were to take the Audi TT it will mean that we would be driving the Audi for another 4 months until my actual wedding day. We might not feel that special "Brand New Car" feeling on our wedding day. So the final decisions was to forget about the Audi TT (which was a painfully hard decision as I really like the car).

This was supposed to be the big plan for our Audi!!! Full Rieger bodykits (minus the orange paint and the stupid door set-up) for our wedding car! Sadly, it will never happen.....


Moving on, both of us were excited as the plan for the Porsche Boxster S had been given the green lights. Of course, budget is always one of our top priority. So, at this point we referred back to our Porsche Boxster S brochure and the "spec-up" sheets and decided what kind of equipment we want to equip our little Boxster. I actually went back and forth to Porsche showroom for more informations on the optional equipments. Sadly, there was no Boxster on display, so the only car I can refer to is the two Cayman displayed on the showroom. That didn't help much either as some of the equipments that I want weren't fitted in their show cars.



Luckily, Porsche AG has a model configurator called "Build your Porsche" for all their models in their website. The best of all is that Brunei Porsche website is under their link!!! You guys should check it out Here. It has all the model ranges in Porsche and even have the car price in Brunei Dollars! I highly recommend you readers to play with the model configurator. It is very helpful for first time buyer like me. All you need to do is click what color, what kind of seat, what kind of wheels, etc etc and the configurator will show you a 3D version of your Porsche and also what equipments you have fitted in your Porsche. It is free so you can configure as many as you want in the Porsche ranges!

Here is the screen shot of the Porsche Configurator


When you are done, all you need to do is save a copy of your configured Porsche and had it printed. You can then submit this "document" to your local Porsche dealer as it included all the necessary code for what you have equipped in your future new Porsche! The only thing that is stopping you for adding those wonderful optional equipment is how much you can add without draining your wallet.

You can view them in 3D!


I had about a week of negotiation with both the Sales representative and the Sales manager in charge. At the end of the dealing, I really cut a good deal with this Porsche! I paid my deposits and signed a few documents and papers. All I did then for the period of 3 months was waiting, patiently and at the same time excitement about the new car. I was told it will arrived within 3 months however the car ended up arriving at my home way pass the deadline. Luckily it arrived on time or else I do not know what car I will be driving to pick up my wife!

As you can see, I am now full time Porschephile! LOL! I am working hard now so that I can see my dream of owning the Porsche 911 Turbo. So in the mean time, you guys will see me cruising in Brunei road in my Boxster S with the roof down....enjoying and relaxing the ride

Here is what I had added in my little Boxster S.

No cost option
(Equipment included in Base car price)
  • Exterior Color - Speed Yellow (4 base colors to choose with no extra costs, 9 metallic colors, 5 special colors or color to match are extra cost)
  • Roof color - Metropole Blue roof (5 colors to choose with no extra costs)
  • Interior Color - Ocean Blue (4 interior colors to choose with no extra costs, 6 special leather colors extra costs)
  • Wheels - 18" Boxster S II (Standard wheels with no extra costs, 7 types of Porsche wheels to upgrade with extra costs)
  • Seats - Standard Seats (5 types of Seats to choose, Standard seat is no extra costs, Sport seat is extra cost)
  • Audio - CDR 30 (CDR30 is FOC, PCM30 is extra cost)

Optional Extra (Equipment not included in Base car price)

Exterior
  • Rollover bar Aluminium look
  • Park Assist
  • Bi-Xenon with Dynamic Corner lights
  • Wind Deflector
  • Top windscreen tinted (Yes!!! this is optional too!!!)
Engine
  • Short Shifter
  • Sport Chrono package
Wheels Accessories
  • Wheel Centre set
  • Wheel Spacers 5mm
Interior
  • Interior Surveillence
  • Instrumental dials in Speed Yellow
  • Seat belts in Speed Yellow
Interior Leather
  • Leather Interior
  • Floor mats with colored logo and leather surround
  • Lid of storage bin with Porsche Crest
Interior Aluminium
  • Gear lever and Handbrake in Alumininum I
  • Outer door sills in stainless steel, Illuminated "Boxster S"
Audio and Communications
  • BOSE surround sound with CD storage
  • Universal Audio interface

- END -

No comments:

Post a Comment