Thursday, February 11, 2010

My experience buying a Porsche....Part 2



Continuation from Part 1

I was about to leave the showroom when the Sales Manager of Porsche came and speak to me. The first sentence she said was "Why don't you check out our new Boxster coming in around November or December? " At that time, I wasn't even considering much as the price really put me off. Then came the next sentence, "It is a "bit" cheaper and it has a yellow seat belt and yellow carpet optioned in the package".

At that time, I had a big question mark hanging over my head, I was curious and puzzled. I asked her "What do you mean by "optional" yellow seat belt and yellow carpet?". So from there onward things got kinda interesting, we sat down and she explained to me that Porsche recently just launched the facelift version of Boxster around Nov 2008 and their launching model which is a Yellow in color will be soon.

She further explained to me that any models in the Porsche range can be spec-up to your need. If money is not a problem you pratically can spec up to the highest specification on your Porsche model. The only thing customer need to do is WAIT.

I was told that I can either wait for their yellow Boxster or I can customised my own Boxster which will take 3 months to arrive. She even showed me 5 pages of optional "spec-up" equipment which I can "spec-up" from the standard equipped Boxster. The lists are impressive and so as the price. LOL.

She explained to me that if I customised the Boxster it will be unique as it will be the one and only specification in Brunei because no two people will ever spec-up the same car. Her last sentence was "That is why not all Porsche are the same!" From then on, my point of view on Porsche changed. Now I understand why Porsche never made dramatic changes to its design for the past 50 years and yet it is still the most profitable manufacturer in the world. Yes! the most profitable even compared to Toyota.

At this point, I had already in my mind that the chosen choice of car will be either Audi TT or Porsche Cayman "S" or Boxster "S".



Here are the prices for each car

Audi TT S-Line - $86k (fully loaded with local optional equipments)
Porsche Boxster - $105k (standard car only)
Porsche Boxster "S" - $125K (standard car only)
Porsche Cayman - $113k (standard car only)
Porsche Cayman "S" - $138K (standard car only)

I really have no clue about Porsche ranges, I have no idea what the differences of a normal Boxster and those with the "S" badge. After a few conversation with the Sales manager, I immediately removed the normal Boxster and Cayman from my list as it is too lightly equipped and doesn't come with all the latest technology from Porsche. So, my choice now for Porsche is left with the one with the "S" badge.

I left home that day with my Boxster and Cayman brochure and "spec-up" sheets. LOL.

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment